Van Dusseldorp BV is the company of Monique van Dusseldorp. I am active as a freelance conference and seminar curator, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
2003-present, Van Dusseldorp BV. Active as a freelance curator and moderator of seminars and conferences on media, technology, and innovation. Expert at launching new events, pulling international and Dutch industry networks together, and bringing together speakers, organizations and delegates. Main clients since 2003:
- 2005-present. Program coordinator Immovator Cross Media Cafe’s, bi-monthly meetings for the Dutch TV and new media industry, working for the Immovator Foundation. The Cross Media Cafe’s bring together the people active in the development and execution of internet, TV, radio formats, are business oriented with a strong focus on facts, figures and best practice cases.
- 2008-2017. Program coordinator Mediapark Jaarcongres. The annual event for the Dutch broadcasting and new media industry, initiated by the Media Academie and Immovator and developed together with partners from the media industry. The MPJC is an annual update on the industry, including a starters’ competition, interactive breakfast sessions, mini-documentaries, and panels.
- 2009-present. Adviser/international program director Next. An annual event in Hamburg Germany on the digital industry with over 1500 delegates. Curator of the international/keynote track.
- 2011. Program director Wired Event. Curated first Wired Event together with Wired UK Editor in Chief David Rowan. Adviser to the event until 2016.
- 2008-2010. Program Coordinator ICTDelta. The annual event by ICTRegie, the Netherlands ICT Research and Innovation Authority.
- 2005-2008 Program Director PICNIC, working for the Amsterdam Cross Media Week Foundation. Involved with the development of PICNIC as an event highlighting Amsterdam as a creative capital. Set up an international advisory board, developed the program of speakers and sessions, initiated a program of sessions and workshops by third parties, wrote newsletters and blog items, moderated conference sessions, assisted in strategy development. PICNIC used to attract over 5000 people per year to Amsterdam, for three days dedicated to industry innovation and creativity.
- 2006-2007. Course coordinator Stifo Sandberg workshops. Coordinator of an interactive workshop presented by the Dutch Sandberg Institute, and funded by the Stifo, Dutch fund for the public broadcasting industry. The course brings together artists/designers and filmmakers and lets them develop new media formats together.
- 1998-2003 Founder and CEO of Van Dusseldorp & Partners. Research and events company focused on European developments, working for international clients. Events included the TV meets the Web event, Active Ad and others. Also publisher of Europemedia (now part of Informa) and a series of other newsletters and reports.
- 1997-1998, Media Analyst, Wegener. Researcher and adviser at publisher Wegener, reporting to Maurice de Hond. Involved with projects like City Online (websites for regional newspapers).
- 1992-1997. Director of Communications, European Institute for the Media, Manchester, United Kingdom / Dusseldorf, Germany. In charge of communications for a non-profit research institute with a network of European media researchers and entrepreneurs; in charge of the European TV and Film Forum, an annual meeting on the future of audiovisual media.
- 1990 Boston University, Graduate School, Literature and History (exchange student)
- 1989 Graduated from Academy of Fine Arts, Tilburg, Graphic arts (cum laude)
- 1992 Graduated from the University of Tilburg, History and Theory of Literature (cum laude)
- 1982 Gymnasium B, Theresialyceum Tilburg (cum laude)
- Member of the Board of the Next Nature Foundation (2010-2016)
- Member Advisory Board CO IEMES, part of the Fontys School for the Creative Industry in Tilburg (2010-2014)
- Member of the e-culture committee of the Stimuleringsfonds (2013-2016)
- Member of the Board, Museum Night Amsterdam (Stichting Museumnacht Amsterdam) (2008-2011)
- Member of the Advisory Board of Butterfly Works, Amsterdam (2008-2011)
- Jury Member NLAwards (Hilversum), (2008-2010)
- Member of the Jury of the Hastac Awards (Chicago, McArthur Foundation) (2009)
- Member of the Board of Dutch public broadcaster NPS (2000-2008)
- Member of the Jury for the Swift Awards Brussels (2004-2008)
- Chairman of the Board of Gridforum, the association for grid computing (2004-2007)
- Member of the Board of the Dutch Filmmuseum (2000-2004)
- Member of the Board of the Dutch Mediadesk (2000-2004)
- Chairman of the Board (Voorzitter Raad van Commissarissen), Mediagateway (2002-2003)
- Member of the Jury of the “Wiennovation” Project to promote the creative industries in Austria (2003)
- Member of the Jury of the Stockholm Challenge (previously the Bangemann Challenge)
- Member of the Jury of the US Interactive Newspaper awards, organised by Editor & Publisher
- Member of the Jury of the Europrix awards, organised with the support of the European Union
- Member of the Board (Lid Raad van Commissarissen) Kenniswijk BV
- Member of the Jury of the “Thuiswinkel Awards”, award for best Dutch home retailer
- 2001 – Member of the Government advisory committee on ICT and government, chaired by Arthur Doctors van Leeuwen. This committee was appointed to develop advice and analysis on the way ICT developments affects government and governing structures.
- 2001 – Member of the Dutch labour party committee, in charge of developing the elections programme for the 2002 national elections. In charge of writing the chapters on ICT related policy goals and initiatives
- 2000 -Member of the advisory committee “Verkenningen ICT” of the Dutch ‘Adviesraad voor het Wetenschaps- en technologiebeleid’, chaired by Ton Risseeuw. This committee was called together by the official science advisory body of the Dutch government, to develop advice on investments in the knowledge infrastructure, specifically in ICT related research.
- 2000 – Member of the ‘Brinkman Committee’ which advised the State Secretary for Transport, Public Works and Water Management on the location for Kenniswijk, a public/private partnership to establish a large scale broadband application pilot in Eindhoven.
- Winner of the 2003 Vosko Award for contribution to the internet industry
- Listed by Online Journalism Review as one of the “50 international names to know on the Internet.”